RE-POSTED FROM LAST YEAR…BUT STILL FUN! Please see my post on where to shop for items needed to make your own costumes here.
Given the state of the economy…and most people’s bank accounts…I thought I would compile a few Halloween costume ideas for you to do-it-yourself…and save some money!
1. Get a bunch of small sponges and glue (or safety pin) them on to an old sweat shirt…what are you? SELF ABSORBED!
2. Get a bunch of mini cereal boxes and stab plastic knives into them. Put some red paint around the “wound”. Glue them on an old sweat shirt and be a CEREAL KILLER!
3. Paint a LARGE letter “P” on an old tee shirt. Blacken one eye (with makeup preferably) …and you are a BLACKEYED PEA.
4. Use safety pins to attach socks, boxers, dryer sheets and any other clothes items to old sweat pants and shirt. You are STATIC CLING!
5. Ladies…(well…and men I guess in the spirit of not stereotyping)…wear a long flowing dress and get some fake strands of leaves and flowers. Wrap them randomly around your body…maybe put a bird nest on your head….whatever. What are you? MOTHER NATURE.
6. Get some dark paints (cuffed), and jacket, most any dress shirt, mans flannel hat, walking cane. Gray the hair, with any of the commercial temporary colors, or dust with a little flour. You are an OLD MAN. VARIATION: Old style dress, just below knee, knee-hi stockings rolled down a little, oxfords, large black purse. OLD WOMAN
7. Wrap yourself in white bandages (rolls of gauze) Use splotches of green paint for “mold”. Use white make-up on face with “age lines” drawn on. Walk stiff-legged and you are a MUMMY.
8. Get a long green dress with long sleeves. Wrap some garland around your body and attach some non-breakable Christmas ornaments. Make a garland star as a hat. You are a CHRISTMAS TREE.
9. Wear white sweats and wrap in spiral pattern with equally spaced red duct tape. You are a CANDY CANE.
10. Pin or glue fake peppers onto plain colored scrubs or lab coat. You are DR. PEPPER!
11. Both people (best if boy and girl) dress in all blue. The boy wears a name tag that says “Gene”. The girl wears a name tag that says “Jean”. When someone asks, “What are you guys supposed to be?” you reply, “A PAIR OF BLUE JEANS!”
12. Do the ghost thing with the sheet…but paint on lipstick, eyelashes and attach large earrings. You are a GHOST READY FOR A NIGHT ON THE TOWN…(I know…that one is lame…but I am running out of material)!
13. This one I have seen that you can buy…but I see no reason you could not make it our of fun foam. Make a milk carton that fits over your head with your face sticking out as the “missing child”!
14…AND FINALLY MY FAVORITE…Glue lots of SMARTIES candy on to an old pair of sweat pants. You are SMARTY PANTS. (Recently I saw packages of HUGE SMARTIES…you could do the variation and be A BIG SMARTY PANTS!)
Have fun and be safe out there!
As always… if you are looking for a GREAT agent to help with your real estate needs please e-mail me at Adele@GreaterPhoenixHomes.com or give me a call (or text) at 602-504-3898 or 888-897-7821 x 114. Plus, I have a GREAT search tool on my web site that gives you the ability to search the entire MLS…just like agents do. Very COOL! Go to Metro Phoenix Homes For Sale and check it out! YOU can create and save as many searches as you would like…and it is THE SAME SEARCH I DO AS AN AGENT! You will LOVE it!
ATTENTION AGENTS…Is your Real Estate Career or Company taking you where you want to go?
Need MORE business? Need MORE leads? What has your company done for you lately?
Ask Me Why… I joined eXp Realty.